National Penguin Awareness Day 2017 Wiki | 20 January 2017 Penguin Awareness Day Facts
Hey friends, How are you! Hope everything is fine. Today, I am going to talk about one national awareness day. Yes, it’s National Penguin Awareness Day 2017. And today, I am sharing some facts and wiki details of What is Penguin Awareness day and when it is celebrated.
Penguin Day is not as famous as other national days of the country. But this Awareness day is mainly celebrated in Western countries. And as the name suggest it is based on a bird named “Penguin”.
Some of you might not be knowing of this bird, but let me tell you. Penguins are the group of aquatic birds mainly found in the Southern Hemisphere. They have counter shaded dark and white plumage and wings for movement in water.
What is National Penguin Awareness Day 2017 Wiki :
This is a great opportunity as a day to learn about and appreciate one of the few natives of Antarctica called ‘Penguin’. It’s a good day and a great time to learn about this bird that lives on earth. Penguins do not fly. Rather, they walk, or waddle their way to and from.
On this day, people wear Black and white dress to exactly look like Penguines. And thereby they make aware all the other peoples. This National Penguin Day is quite a famous day in Western countries.
When is National Penguin Awareness Day Celebrated Wiki 2017 :
The National Penguin Awareness Day is celebrated on 20th January every year. And this year also on 20th January 2017 we are going to celerbate National Penguin Day.
Another day is there with the same name, it is World Penguin Day. Penguin Awareness Day is different from World Penguin Day. The later one is celebrated on 25th April every year. Althugh, I am not sure what these Penguins have done to merit two international days of recognition.
20th January 2017 National Penguin Awareness Day Facts :
There are some facts of the Penguins and 2017 National Penguin Awareness Day. May be you know some of them. Keep reading and enjoy the day.
- Penguins are found in Antarctica, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Peru, the Falkland Islands, and the Galapagos Islands.
- Penguins can swim close to 15 miles per hour with thier wings – far outpacing Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps, whose top speed is not more than 5 miles per hour.
- Penguins waterproof feathers are tightly packed to insulate them against frigid temperatures, but they can open their feathers to feel the cold.
- The largest species of penguin is the Emperor, with an average length of 36 – 44 inches, while the smallest penguin species is the Little Blue, which averages 10 to 12 inches in height.
- Penguins mate for life. However, the yellow-eyed penguin is so reclusive that if two pairs catch sight of one another, their breeding season will not be successful.
This is all about 20th January National Penguin Awareness Day 2017 facts and wiki details. Now, you also know when is Penguin Awareness Day celebrated. So, enjoy the day and be happy.
Stay tuned with us for more updates on other fields.
These details and facts of Penguin Awareness Day 2017 are taken from vetstreet, Penguin facts and are summed up here.