Rio Games Olympics 2016 Complete Fixtures August 5 to 21 with Opening Ceremony Day Details : The wait is now over as the day comes where large number of athletes from all over the World meets and play. Yes, I am talking about Olympics 2016. This year Olympics is going to held between 5th to 21st August 2016 in Brazil (Rio). Today is the Opening Ceremony day for this unique sport event. The Official committee has already unveiled the complete fixtures of Olympics 2016 Games.
The wait for this Rio Olympics was not from today but it was from last four years. The last Olympic event was held in London in 2012. It was a successful event and this only is expected from this. In 2016, this game hub is going to start in second biggest city of Brazil. Yes, it’s Rio (Rio de Janeiro). This year Rio makes it’s name the first time to host the World Olympics Games.
This year, Olympics are going to held in between 5th to 21st August. This is a mega event where not only athletes but people and celebrities from every field come and join this. They join and experience the Live matches and all the events. For this the tickets are already on sale and there is a hurry to book a one.
Today i.e., on 5th August 2016 Rio Olympics is going to start with a great opening. The Opening Celebration of Rio Olympics is going to start within a few hours on 5th August. In Indian Standard Time, the day falls on 6th August and it will be a live event airing on Star Sports at 4.30 AM. Now, all eyes are on Rio.
Rio Olympics Opening Ceremony 2016 Venue and Details :
The venue is decided. 2016 Olympics Opening Ceremony is going to held in World famous Maracanã Stadium. The stadium is very big ans has a capacity to sit for more than 78,000 people at once. The same stadium will also host the closing ceremony of this event. In between, some football matches are to be played in this stadium.
Rio Games Olympics 2016 Some Important Facts :
While Rio is hosting Olympic games the first time there are certain things which you should know before watching a live sport event. Here, I am sharing few important facts about the latest Rio Olympics Games 2016.
Top 10 Important Facts of Rio de Janeiro Olympics 2016 :
- South America is hosting Summer Olympics Games for the first time
- The slogan of the Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro is Viva sua paixão (means Live your passion)
- 10,500 athletes from 205 different countries will take part in this Olympics 2016
- 7.5 million tickets are available and are already up for sale
- This year, there will be 33 different venues across four districts of Rio de Janeiro for games
- 306 competitions in 42 different sports will be held in 17 days
- More than 550 athletes will represent Team USA, including 292 women
- India is sending it’s largest ever group of 124 athletes which was 83 in 2012.
- Rio Olympics 2016 marks the debut of rugby sevens.
- There will be 8,000 employees, 85,000 third party employees and more than 45,000 volunteers working for the Olympic Committee Rio 2016 to make it a successful event
Complete Fixture / Schedule List of Rio Olympics 2016 :
The games to played in Rio Olympics are :
- Artistic Gymnastics
- Beach Volleyball
- Canoe Slalom
- Canoe Sprint
- Cycling BMX
- Cycling Mountain Bike
- Cycling Road
- Cycling Track
- Marathon Swimming
- Modern Pentathlon
- Rhythmic Gymnastics
- Rugby Sevens
- Synchronised Swimming
- Table Tennis
- Trampoline Gymnastics
- Water Polo
Here’s the complete date-wise fixtures or schedule list of Rio Olympics 2016.
This year the fun and all the sports activities are going double as the much awaited Olympics is started. Hope you too will have a great fun.
Don’t forget to share this post among your friends via different social networks. Hope you got what you were searching initially. Just stay tuned with us for more latest updates.